Thursday 3 December 2009

Research and Planning:Music genres and gender pie chart



One of my questions on my questionnaire was 'which type of music do you enjoy?'. I asked this question to find out what type of music is popular. Also if i find out what genre of music is popular, i will be able to find out what genre of music people would buy a music magazine of. Dance music was the most popular answer people chose, this is will work to my advantage as my chosen genre for my magazine is dance music. Therefore, i now know that a lot of people like dance music, it is popular and in demand. 




Gender was another one of the questions on my questionnaire. I asked this question as i planned to target my magazine at both gender with a 'girly touch'. I planned to do this as i think there is a gap in the music magazine market for this type of music. Most of the dance/house magazines are mainly male dominated, i would like to produce a magazine targeted at both sexes, with a slight girly touch. I will do this by my colour scheme, fonts, type of language, etc. I also aim to produce a dance magazine without making it 'chavvy' as many people have the perception that dance is 'chavvy', i would like to produce a classy, chic dance music magazine. This would also be a USP. 


No comments:

Post a Comment